Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Delirious Motivated Idiots!

You ever seen the mad excited rush from those people coming out of a motivational seminar, darting around the place like headless chickens, looking for a place, a person, an idea, SOMETHING(!)... to attach their newfound motivation to?

I have.

Heck, I've BEEN that person! And yes, it's horrible.


Why?

Because I'd wait and wait and wait for the MOTIVATION to DO something to me. To MOVE me. To CREATE for me. To SURGE through me... anything!


But, just like a dream of the big lottery ticket, it all vanishes into the darkest of nights.


And the horrible thing is I still see people I know, honest, good, loving people... I still see them looking for the WONDER DUST that'll trigger their life into some form of creative momentum.


Of course, that's not going to happen. I know that. YOU know that. But, you know, these people - and we all know them and we all have them somewhere lodged in the corner of our lives somewhere - these people will still be on the HUNT. The hunt for the elusive MOTIVATIONAL MAGIC POWDER they believe, and they truly do believe this, honest they do, they believe that it exists OUT THERE...


... OUTSIDE OF THEMSELVES!


Yes I know. Pathetic. But look, we all lived that way, once. You know, that bouncing along with life with the feeling that all's well and life is hunky doodle dandy... but... there's NOTHING HAPPENING to make life a happy, joyous, excited place to be in.


It's what I call the DELIRIOUS MOTIVATED IDIOT syndrome.


I don't mean that 'happy for no reason' type look. Not that. (Because see, there's power in that, REALLY!)


No. What I mean is the ALL PUMPED UP, NOSTRILS FLARING, HAPPY TENSE SMILING, TEETH GRINDING, KNUCKLES CLENCHED, HEAVY BREATHING... type of person. And... there's still NOTHING GOING ON IN THIS PERSON'S LIFE!


I'm struggling to come up with a better description but I think if you feel what I'm saying at a gut level, you'll instantly pick up what I'm talking about.


So, the next time you feel all juiced and pumped after reading something inspirational, motivational - something that stirs your heart and gets you really ramped up, find a project or goal to take all that energy you've got, and go put it to powerful and practical use.


As I say, let's run from the DELIRIOUS MOTIVATED IDIOT crowd, and instead, become part of the crowd that gets the WORK done behind all the motivation and enthusiasm.




Raja C. Hireker
http://marketingandlifechangecoaching.com/