Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Changing The Spirit - With Another Point of View

There are too many people caught up in the fuss and blame of life.

So isn't it refreshing to get away from all that, from all those... human toxic waste dumps?

Last couple of days have been powerful.

I'll explain:

I've recently interacted with a couple of people I haven't spoken to in a while.

After the call, or should I say near the end of the call, I get comments like these...

"Gosh, you've just spoken about things that were troubling me for a while now and you've given me answers for it...

I don't know, everytime I speak to you it's like there's a new motivation going on in my life...

I don't know what it is but when I speak to him, he just puts everything into place so quickly that his opinions on it is just remarkable...

Why do I tell you this?

Precisely for this:

Well all get stuck in a rut. All of us. It may not be with everything in our lives, but rut... YES.

Though, when one area of life is troubling, you can be sure it'll have a knock on effect on each and every other area of life.

And...

We can ALL have our resistance to things, melt away when we get ANOTHER POINT OF VIEW.

And when we look at it, isn't that what all of life is, a POINT OF VIEW?

Nothing more. Nothing less.

Naturally, conflcit happens, within, and, outside ourselves... when TWO points of view COLLIDE.

And in most cases, there needs to be a collision of thought, of belief, of point of view, in order for life to move onwards and upwards.

For these two people I' talking about, they've had their point of view, their internal image, their beliefs... COLLIDE with my point of view.

I'm pretty focussed on challenging a person's point of view.

Not argumentatively, not confrontationally, not demonstrably...

However, I do do so with a straight forward, unwavering, unflinching 'assault' on what they hold on to as TRUE.

And I use the word ASSAULT as does Voltaire, when he says, "no problem can withstand the assault of sustained thinking".

However, I take it a little further. I say and add "...and action..." to what Voltaire says.

I feel the more we can help people shred their disempowering beliefs about themselves and their lack of belief about their capabilities, then we certainly wouldn't shrug the tag of changers of spirit.

For that's what we are - changers of a person's spirit and showing people the source of their energy force within them.

And it's a powerful and responsible place to be.

Though, can people do it for themselves, change their own inner spirit and be the lifeforce they know they must?

Of course. Because when you look at it, each one of us eventually decides that 'here's what's up and here's what I'm about'. That'a the magic of change.

Another person can only facilitate, can bring it to the attention of others, can advise, mentor, coach....

But then, then, then.... through the power of one's ability to respond and choose, that's the time for a person to go to the other side - a place that's always been there, and the door's always been open.

It's just that many have not walked through it, unaided.

We all need that push. That word of help. The differing point of view.

An once we get it, we get to play like kids again.

And that's a magnificent place to be.

Now, isn't that a life worth living?


Raja C. Hireker
http://marketingandlifechangecoaching.com/